Valentine's Day


We had a lovely weekend up at Petit Jean National Park. A real cool place. The best time was the walk through forest and streams to the great Waterfall at the end. We sat around and was quiet before the Lord, just enjoying the great works of His hand. O, the beauty of His creation echos His beauty, magnificence and Glory.

My wife continues to amaze me; her love of life and zeal for the Lord. How does one remain consistent as she does?

My dear friends, as the day wanes keep your eyes on the Lord. This is such a burdened word, heavy in consequence and heavy in blessing. Yet, it is such a simple word. The whole of the Christian life is a looking away from self and a looking unto Jesus. That simple yet it takes us a lifetime to get anywhere. I am now seven years in the Lord and feel I have yet to take my first step. My how time flies and I look back at the few years behind me and see a history with God. Struggle amidst the blessing all mixed in together and cannot distinguish the blessing from the anguish. O, How lovely is the Lord. How perfect His peace, His mercy, His understanding.

Keep your eyes on Him; earnestly seek Him all the days of your life.

1 comments

  1. Michael Spotts: .  

    20 February, 2009 18:53

    Wonderful post, Rich. I'm less than three years into this new life so I must not have even moved my feet! The Lord has been gracious to us, and I'm grateful to Him that you are blessed with an encouraging wife. You have found favor with the Lord [Prov. 18:22] and we know that even His favor is a mercy not of merit. After all, it is Him who works in us "both to will, and to do of His good pleasure." [Phil. 2:13]

    I caught your comment on my blog. Here's a copy of my reply:

    * * *

    Rich, I deleted your comment so your address wouldn't appear online.

    Yeah, I have some spare copies of Pilgrim's Progress and I'll send you one in the next few days. As well, feel free to enter the monthly book drawing (freebook.theopenlife.com)... this month's book is "Mortification of Sin" by John Owen.

    As for the format of my blog, I used the Gecko and Fly template for the tab buttons at the top, but everything else more or less is my own doing.

    If you have particular questions about how to mod your blog, let me know and I'll try to help.

    * * *

    God bless you in the grace and peace of Christ,

    Michael:.
    www.theopenlife.com

Recommended Money Makers

  • Chitika eMiniMalls
  • WidgetBucks
  • Text Link Ads
  • AuctionAds
  • Amazon Associates